Remember to Have Fun

Riding along the flooded Grand River the other day was more fun than expected! When the water is in areas that are normally dry, it brings the wildlife closer for viewing, and I ended up seeing some animals that I normally wouldn't, I wish I would have strapped on my good camera like fellow photographer does!

I didn't have any crashes or wipeouts so it would have been safe to bring it. I am going to have to do some research and look for a great bag for cameras that can be used while mountain biking. Being able to stop and take high quality photos of the scenery that we come across would be awesome.

I made it over landscaping boulders to stay fresh on mountain biking skills and I tried a few soft snow piles with success. As I ventured further I found a pretty big snow pile that I surveyed and decided that I would give it a try to climb and descend. The sun was out, the other snow piles were not in the sun, so it did surprise me that as I approached the top of the hill, my front tire sunk in deep and sent me over the bars a little bit! Hindsight is 20/20! When I made my way close to the river I experienced some deep water riding that I was unsure of at first, but quickly realized that going through a foot of water on a fat bike is rather easy. I also explored some two track sections with mud pits that made it look like I crapped myself!

All in all, it was another good recovery ride! If you are a competitive rider/racer on the MTB or any other bike for that matter, sometimes training hard can get in the way of having fun. Be sure you have fun on the bike most of the time, and you will love it and ride it longer throughout life!

I did notice something on the ride that was rather disturbing, plastic... plastic garbage everywhere, on the side of the road, floating down the river, washed up on shore. This makes me pretty sad that as a species we can't do a better job of cleaning up after ourselves and recycling. Let's be more mindful as a society in keeping our one earth clean for our future and the future of our children.

Get out and enjoy the weather and your bike, and hopefully you enjoyed my ride as much as I did!

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9912128

No comments:

Post a Comment